Tuesday, October 04, 2005

not Missing, just In-Action...or why my mom feels neglected

well, despite the fact that i had to work for just shy of twelve hours on saturday, ABC didn't broadcast the UM-MSU game any how. i couldn't watch it even if i had the day off. Dan and Mike were in Ann Arbor at "The Arena Bar" where we like to watch the big games if not at Dad's. so there are my brothers, watching the second strait year with overtime ending in victory for my suffering (if not a bit dissapointing) wolverines without me. Dan was my only connection to the game, leaving me somewhere around fifteen messages throughout the game. i was at the varsity women's vollyball game against Nicholls State University, followed by mens Football against South Dakota State. it's cool being able to combine sports with the absolute nessesity that is a job...i just feel a bit lonely when i can't watch my team play the big ones.

really, i had to stop maintaining connections so closely with home. i mean, mom isn't the only one giving me a hard time about being "neglected." Gabe stopped leaving me silly messages about me not calling enough, because: "I know it's hard to make a new life so far from every one when every one is constantly reminding you that you belong back here." Gabe's insight was bitter sweet: it's accurate, and i miss thursday night dinner and 100 oz beer towers in farmington...his wife ain't bad either.

i guess it's just important for me to say that i'm not trying to ignore any one, or push any one away. it's been hard for me to drag my ass out of my apartment and do things alone. i don't feel like the most approachable guy in the world (think large, tattooed, skin-headed appearance, with a resting facial expression of anything from total dismay down to flat out furious). but i'm here, and i like it here.

so. i'm not trying to be neglectful. i just hope that everyone can go for a few weeks without an update and still feel confident that we wont have lost our connection, because i feel like all my connections are stronger than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
hit Counter